Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Essie Boxer Shorts Swatches and Review



Hi everybody! I hope you're having a wonderful late autumn so far, it's getting really chilly, isn't it? I love my Eskimo coat... It makes me look like the chubbiest little kid. (:

Anyway, let's get straight to the swatches and review!



With flash




Essie Boxer Shorts is from their Yogaga collection, and it a gorgeous, sort of periwinkle color. I am a little late on getting this out (actually a lot late), as the collection was released in July, I believe? Oh well. It has a slight grayish undertone that I can't quite capture on camera, but it's a blend of blue and purple. I can honestly say that it depends on the light, whether it shows up more purple/blue. It's very pigmented, and it goes on as smooth as an.. eggshell. I don't really know. I like eggs.

It's a very creamy polish, borderline jelly-like, but it can get opaque in two coats, but make sure they're sheer. I found that if the coats were a little thicker, it can get kinda gloppy on your nails. I just underestimated the consistency of the polish after using a glitter polish for my previous manicure, so don't underestimate the greatness of Essie! Ever!

I think it retails for about $8.00-9.00, depending on where you live and what store, but I think it's well worth the price.

So, if you're looking for a unique shade of periwinkle that applies as smooth as a dream, check this out! I give it a 9.5/10, just because the consistency isn't as lenient as I would have liked. All a matter of personal opinion of course.

Thank you for reading, have a wonderful day, let it snow! I love snow. Snow makes me happy, just the white, the cold, the yummy... Don't eat the yellow snow. Bad idea,

Your teenage beauty addict,

Mai


1 comment:

I LOVE that you're taking time out of your day to comment here, and I'd really love to connect with you, but please keep them appropriate! To know more about my commenting policy, click on the Policies tab up at the top of the page. Thank you for commenting!

Disqus for Stylish Scribbles