Sunday, February 10, 2013

Valentine's Day Face Tutorial





Hello my fuzzy luvs,

It's that time of the year again! It's the month of lurrrvvv. Around February 14th, men scramble to find flowers and chocolate, women try to get ready for the big day of celebrating the best emotion out there, couples are happy and engorged (I feel like this is bad word choice.) in each other, and I?

I'm at home watching the ABC Valentine's day specials with a bucket of mint chocolate ice cream and my stuffed animals. Forever alone! <3

But, I know a lot of you guys want to look special for this special holiday (is it a holiday?), so I'm putting together a very small series of posts centered around Valentine's day, maybe an inspirational picture or a makeup tutorial here and there, you can never tell with me. c;

So, on to the face tutorial!
Actually, we're going to start with the eyes, because that's going to be the focal point of this look.


Directions (from left to right):

1. Apply a light, shimmery, nude base color (I used Maybelline Color Tatoo in Barely Beige) to your whole lid, concentrating the color near your inner eye. Blend the edges out to create a soft wash of highlighted color on your lid. (Pic 1 and 2)

2. Apply a dusty brown (I used Urban Decay's Faint) all over the crease. (Pic 3)

3. Darken the outer v with a very dark brown (I used Urban Decay's Crave) with a fluffy brush. Make sure you have a light hand, and blend it out and upwards (Pic 4).

4. Use a rusty burgundy color (I used NYX's Rust) and go over the crease again with the same fluffy brush. Concentrate the color in the outer v of the eye, but blend it out onto the crease (pic 5)

5. Drag the rusty burgundy color to your lower lid and line the outer half of the lid (pic 5).

6. Now take a white shimmery color (I used L'Oreal's 24 Hour Infalliable Eyeshadow in Iced Latte) and dust it on your inner eye and brow bone. Connect the color to the burgundy liner on your lower lid so it looks more streamlined.

7. Rim your lower waterline with a white eyeliner (I used the NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk) and line your lashline with a black eyeliner (I used Urban Decay's 24/7 Liner in Zero) to intensify your eyes. Smoke out the black eyeliner to make it look a little less harsh.

8. Curl your lashes and apply a good mascara (I used Benefit They're Real!). You can also apply false lashes  to oomph up your lashes, if needed.

For the rest of the face, just apply a BB cream for light coverage and a rosy blush (I used Milani's Coralista) to the apples of your cheeks for a nice glow. If needed, apply a light dusting of translucent powder on your oily spots.



For the lips, I slapped on Maybelline's Baby Lips in Melon Mania.


And now you're all set!


Thanks for reading, my lovelies! Come back again soon! <3

Your teenage beauty addict,

Mai


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE that you're taking time out of your day to comment here, and I'd really love to connect with you, but please keep them appropriate! To know more about my commenting policy, click on the Policies tab up at the top of the page. Thank you for commenting!

Disqus for Stylish Scribbles