Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Fall 2012 Nail Trends You MUST Try

Once the leaves start turning colors, the nails do too. Out go the neons, in go the dark and neutrals. This year, rich burgundy was seen everywhere, whatever you like to call it. Chianti, oxblood, wine, they're all one and the same, the hit color of F/W 12/13. This year, we're evolving into a variety of jewel tones, soft metallics, and bold nail designs.

Trend #1: Oxblood

From the left: Oxblood nails at Catherine Malandrino and Jenny Packham(image)
As I said in my lame introduction, oxblood is going to be a big trend everywhere, including your nails. This rich color with luxify (is that a word? XD) your nails.

My picks:

Trend #2: In the Nude


Nude nails on BCBG (image
For fall, you're either going to go dark or light, no matter what the effect. I like this look because it's very minimalist and allows everything else to pop.

My picks:

Trend #3: Polka Dots

Kate Spade fall 2012 (image)
There have been many a sighting of polka dots on nails on the runway. And it's really cute. They're really easy to recreate, use a dotting tool, or if you don't have them, use the end of a bobby pin.

Trend #4: Navy Nails

Eva Mendes (image)
DNKY (image)

Navy nail polish is a great way to transition to the darker polishes of fall. It's not black, but it's fairly close enough to almost look goth, but very chic at the same time.

My picks:


Trend #5: Metallics

(image)
(image)
Gorgeous metallics graced many model's hands, in almost every kind of color you can get. If you want to be daring, try a color with a foil finish, such as purple.

My picks:



Thanks for reading! I love you all!

Your rambling beauty addict,

Mai

Related posts:
-6 Summer Nail Trends You Should Try Out
-My Personal F/W '12/13 Trends



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE that you're taking time out of your day to comment here, and I'd really love to connect with you, but please keep them appropriate! To know more about my commenting policy, click on the Policies tab up at the top of the page. Thank you for commenting!

Disqus for Stylish Scribbles