Sunday, June 3, 2012

Tip of the Day: 6/1/12

Hi ho, readers! I'm sorry my posts have been inconsistent recently, so have by sleep schedules, so I'll be posting a lot more this weekend. Hopefully. My daddy's birthday is tomorrow, so maybe I'll show you what I have on. ;) Anyway, today's tip of the day is going to be about Crisco. Great stuff. It's pretty much McDonald's coffee. Ew. Anyhoo, keep reading to learn more.
(image)

I know you're probably thinking, what the heck can Crisco do for me? It's vegetable shortening. It's oil in a can. But that's the genius in it. Crisco is essentially oil in a solid form. It has the same vitamins and benefits for hair as most oils, aka it's moisturizing. If you've ever used a hot oil treatment, this works in essentially the same way. Here are the pros and cons of using Crisco in your hair:

Pros:
- It's very hydrating
- It's not expensive
- It's usable on your skin and hair.
- The treatment's moisturizing effects usually lasts for days, if not weeks

Cons:
-There is a certain smell to Crisco that some people don't enjoy
- Crisco is mostly made out of soybeans, so people with the allergy should stay away from using it.

How to use Crisco:

Many people like to use aloe vera or honey with their heated Crisco. To get rid of the smell, use a few drops of essential oil to mask the scent. It's pretty simple to use Crisco. For a hair mask, heat it up in a pan on medium until it's a liquid consistency. Stir in all the other ingredients that you want until it's all smooth and blended in. After you shampoo, slather on the Crisco mixture from the mid-shaft to the tips. Thoroughly massage into your hair, then put a shower cap on your head. If you have leftover steam from your shower, or you continue showering, the steam helps the Crisco mixture absorb into your hair better. Let it sit for about 15 minutes, then rinse with shampoo. It may take 2-3 rinses for the Crisco to get out. Air dry or blow dry your hair (whichever you prefer), and watch the magic unfold! ;)

Thanks for listening to my tip of the day, I hope to see you again!

Your rambling beauty addict,

Mai

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE that you're taking time out of your day to comment here, and I'd really love to connect with you, but please keep them appropriate! To know more about my commenting policy, click on the Policies tab up at the top of the page. Thank you for commenting!

Disqus for Stylish Scribbles