Thursday, June 7, 2012

6 Summer 2012 Nail Trends to Try Right Now

Hey all, how is the weather at your place? Currently, it's cold and wet at mine. Ew. That's Washington for you. When it's cold outside, I like to paint my nails. It uses my time very effectively, and I always like to try something different. Being on-trend is something I try when I'm really being a try-hard. Anyways, here are a few summer trends you can try on your digits today!


1. Gradient nails

If you haven't heard of gradient nails yet, it's probably because you've referred to them as "ombre nails." There is a clear difference between ombre and gradient nails. Gradient nails are usually 2 or more colors in the same color family blended on your finger in a faded design. I'm thinking of doing a tutorial soon, but if I don't get to it, The Nailasaurus  has a good one. Anyway, here's how gradient nails look like:

(image)

2. Ombre nails

Here's the nail design similar to gradient nails, but at the same time, not. I'm sure you've all heard of ombre hair, and this is essentially the same idea. On your nails... It's a lot more simple than gradient nails (in my opinion) because all you need to know how to do is paint your nails! And pick out colors that look slightly similar! Basically, ombre nails are when your nails are painted with 5 colors (one on each nail), and the colors are all in the same color family. See how it looks:
(image)
The Beauty Department has an excellent example of ombre nails, and I'm definitely going to do a tutorial. Because it's so dang easy!

3. Neon nails

Neon is such a huge trend right now, and you can wear it anywhere. On your nails, it adds a pop of color to the most boring of boring-est outfits. I can't say that much about it besides that it brightens your life, and you can do it anytime when it's raining outside. -cough- Here's how the always gorgeous Rihanna makes it happen.
(image)

4. Pastel nails

I know I kind of sound like a hypocrite telling you that bright colors are great on your nails, and now I'm telling you soft, muted pastels look great. I'm only telling you this because both are true facts. Pastels are always in for spring, but it's starting to carry over to the summer. Pastels are light colors such as light green, baby blue, soft pink, etc. It's great to wear on your nails because it's an understated statement. What? WELL here's how it looks:
(image)

5. 3-D nails

Lots of people are sporting nails that look real. I mean, 3-Dimensional real. A popular look is caviar nails, at least that's what I call them. They look like those little candy sprinkles.. on your nails! I can't really explain them so just take a look.

(image)

6. White nails

Last, but never least, white nails are great for summer. Especially against a new tan. White is an on-coming trend that I think is a classic. White is pure and sweet at the same time, and as my mother always said, it matches with everything. And you can't stain these! :o The only reason I barely wear white is because I stain it the second it goes on my body. -_- Here you see the white nails:
(image)
Thank you for listening, so get out there and start painting those nails! :)

Your rambling beauty addict,

Mai

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE that you're taking time out of your day to comment here, and I'd really love to connect with you, but please keep them appropriate! To know more about my commenting policy, click on the Policies tab up at the top of the page. Thank you for commenting!

Disqus for Stylish Scribbles