Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Spring Beauty Trend 2013: Bright Eyeliner!


Hello beautiful rays of sunshine,

I hope you're having a wonderful week so far! I know I'm not... Exams galore and last minute grades going into the gradebook. >.<

My birthday's TODAY (happy birthday to me..), but I'm not very excited this year. I have two exams and additional homework from other classes. I might have to get up early to go to a math review session at school... 5:30am on my birthday, woooot~

Anywhoo, on a much brighter note (ehehe), I've been honestly seeing this trend EVERYWHERE lately, on celebs, on the runway, on the street, legitimately everywhere I go. Bright eyes, a brilliant pop of color along the upper lashline. It makes your face look youthful and adds some color. You can play around with the look, whether you want it subtle or dramatic, it's entirely up to the person.

Runway

Kenzo Spring 2013
Moschino Cheap and Chic Spring 2013
Donna Karan Spring/Summer 2013
On the runway, the colors were being worn on the upper and lower lashline, accentuating different parts of the eye, but still bring attention to the eyes in general. Another way of wearing the bright eyeliner is just a ring around the eye.



Red Carpet

Rihanna 
Demi Lovato

Celebs have taken this trend by storm, but I really liked these two ladies' ways of wearing it. They both wore it on their bottom lashline and waterline, adding a bright, yet subtle pop of color to their face.

On the street



Like on many of the celebs, people on the street have taken a liking to popping some color on the bottom lashline, and blue is a rather dominant color on many people's eyes. Or at least variations of blue. It's a very universally flattering color for your eyes, but be careful when wielding it. Using too much of a bright aqua can look tacky, especially if you take it too far up your eye. Like so:


Beautiful.

Well, I hope you have a spectacular hump-day, hopefully I pass these exams today. Wish me good luck! (;

Your older and wiser teenager,








Images courtesy of (in order from top to bottom): [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE that you're taking time out of your day to comment here, and I'd really love to connect with you, but please keep them appropriate! To know more about my commenting policy, click on the Policies tab up at the top of the page. Thank you for commenting!

Disqus for Stylish Scribbles