Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Essie Avenue Maintain Nail Polish Review and Swatches



Happy spring, ladies and (possibly?) germs! If you hadn't noticed, it's the first day of spring, March 20th! Yay!

Psst... exactly one week until my birthday. (:
It was really windy outside today, and combined with the rain, it felt like it was pelting outside. Not a good start to spring. But, you know as they say, April showers bring May flowers!
... It's almost April, just go with it.

Meet my new love, Essie Avenue Maintain. Such a gorgeous girl. c;
Essie's Avenue Maintain is a perfect transitioning color from spring to fall, especially in this weather. It really reminds me of blue skies, yet, Washington state blue skies; they always seem darker than everywhere else. -_-

Read on for more pictures and the review!













Avenue Maintain is named after the Avenue Montaigne in Paris, a lovely street known for its luxury fashion stores. Described as the "perfect Parisian blue" according to Essie, I think it's the perfect description for this creamy color. Such a gorgeous and versatile color that can change brightness depending on the lighting. It has a nice cream finish that has the signature high gloss that most Essie polishes come standard with, and I got complete coverage with one coat. That just about won me right there, easy application, no streaking, right consistency, and a one-coater?

Dang, Essie. You got me with this one, it was love at first stroke.

I got minor tip wear after 3 days of wearing it, so that's a downer. But, that's the only con I've found with this  polish, honestly.

I also noticed that this looks very similar to Essie's Boxer Shorts in certain lights, so I swatched them side by side to compare it.

See how it looks pretty similar? But, in other lights, you can clearly see the more purple hue to Boxer Shorts.



But yes, on a final note, I absolutely love this polish, and it has been added to my top HG blue nail colors.

On another note,

I got a random and out of the blue stomachache yesterday morning, I felt like I wanted to barf the whole morning, so I retired to go home and rest from school. My stomach is still pretty fragile, so in the meantime, I get to eat my favorite type of chicken noodle soup... Chicken and stars! <3



Man... just behold some of that sexy. (;

Have a nice day, I hope you're feeling a little better than I am. Stay tuned for more posts, as always!

HAY. I just realized I've been cranking out a lot of nail posts... hopefully you like, yes?

Yours forever truly,






No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE that you're taking time out of your day to comment here, and I'd really love to connect with you, but please keep them appropriate! To know more about my commenting policy, click on the Policies tab up at the top of the page. Thank you for commenting!

Disqus for Stylish Scribbles