Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Golden Globes Beauty Trend: Smokey Eyes and Sleek Waves

When I watched the Golden Globes last night, I was drooling over the gorgeous dresses and oh Lord, their hair. But something I saw pop up pretty often was the retro waves, that have made a comeback, and smokey eyes, an essential look that pops up everywhere.

Oh, and I totally knew Anne Hathaway and Hugh Jackman would totally win for Les Mis. Wasn't it obvious? X3

(image source: News Whip)
Congrats to Claire Danes and the producers of Homeland for winning a slew of awards. They always do. Her smokey eye is just a simple ring of black eyeliner, smoked out with a dark eggplant on the top lid.

(image source: BellaSugar)

I loved Julianne Hough's whole look. Her golden smokey eye is just one thing that totally completes her look. If she wore her dress/makeup any different, she wouldn't have been able to pull her pompadour-esque hair off, at all.

Read on for more snapshots of the night!


(image source: Bella Sugar)
Michelle Dockery from Downtown Abby blew me away with her gorgeous finger waves and rusty smokey eye. It did wonders for the color of her eyes. They kind of look.. Amber. I should try it out, I'll update you guys on that soon enough. And don't you like the baroque feel of that dress? I sure do.
(image source: Bohomoth)
Oh Ms. JLo... How you look so effortlessly sexy. Everywhere, any day. I really liked the retro waves she was rocking today, how it was pulled all to one side like that? It looks so sleek and gorgeous. And of course, her eyes. Smoke allure, getting it right, as usual.

(image source: Zimbo)
This gal is one hot mama! The orange tones in both her lips and dress really make her hair color and tan pop out at you. And speaking of her hair, how gorgeous are those waves? Such sleek perfection! *_*
(image source: Huffington Post)
This woman is way to gorgeous for her own good. Honestly, her waves are perfection molded onto her head. I kid you not when I say I saw a lot of gorgeous waves on the carpet the other night, but man. I think Megan's stole the show.

(image source: Temptalia)
And, last but not least, we have Amy Adams, pulling off a gorgeous 20s-esque wave look. It's very sleek and pulled together, if this had even the smallest flyaway, I think it would have just been overdone. But, it works very well with the dress, so I kind of like her old, vintage look. Well, not old, but you know... timeless. XD I kind of just made a fool of myself..

I also saw a lot of red, sheer, and plunging dresses this Golden Globes.... Interesting three themes. ;)

Well, thanks for reading, I appreciate all of you! I'll usually be updating every Tuesday/Saturday, but it really does depend on my schedule. Thanks for bearing with me! ^_^

Your teenage beauty addict,

Mai

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE that you're taking time out of your day to comment here, and I'd really love to connect with you, but please keep them appropriate! To know more about my commenting policy, click on the Policies tab up at the top of the page. Thank you for commenting!

Disqus for Stylish Scribbles