Sunday, August 18, 2013

Skincare Sunday: Ponds Dry Skin Cream Review



Happy Sunday, ladies and gents! How goes it?

And no, I'm actually not a body laying at the bottom of the Dead Sea... because that's actually not physically possible, I would just float because of the high salt content.. right?


I'm incredibly sorry for being MIA, I've just been.. dilly-dallying as a normal teenager does. I've got a lot of posts written up, though, so let's get to it! Getting to the first Skincare Sunday in history, today I will be reviewing the Ponds Dry Skin Cream, as mentioned in the title. 


I was first drawn to this moisturizer last winter, when the air was dry and so was my skin. I have combination skin (oily in the T-zone, dry in the cheeks), and I had bad, dry patches on my cheeks. I needed a deep moisturizer to fix those, and since I had heard a lot about the Ponds Cold Cream, I thought I could give this a try.






Ingredients
claims and directions

Packaging/Design? It's a pot with a screw-off cap, which is not exactly the most hygienic. You have to dip your fingers in and collect the product. The jar is kind of bulky as well.

Pros?
- Nice thick, creamy texture (which some may dislike)

Moisturizes very well; leaves skin soft and supple the morning after (if used as night cream)
- Soothing, almost a cooling effect on the skin.
- This stuff lasts a longgg time
- Affordable

Cons?
- Leaves an oily residue behind
- Packaging wasn't my favorite (bulky and jar form)

- There was a distinct baby powder scent

Cost? $7.69 at Target for 10.1 oz.

Overall Rating Out of 10? 8/10

Repurchase? Most likely not.

Other Comments? To me, this could be a good cream for your body (like for dry elbows or something along those lines) or used to soothe sunburns. I only use a little amount of the cream on my cheeks (because a little truly goes a long way) because if I used it all over my face, I believe it was just make an extreme oil-slick of a mess on my forehead. All in all, it does its job


I hope you enjoyed my review, many more posts to come!


Lots of love,






No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE that you're taking time out of your day to comment here, and I'd really love to connect with you, but please keep them appropriate! To know more about my commenting policy, click on the Policies tab up at the top of the page. Thank you for commenting!

Disqus for Stylish Scribbles