Monday, February 11, 2013

Mascara Monday: Maybelline The Rocket Mascara (Waterproof) Review

Three, two, one, blastoff! :D

That's what I think of every time I see this tube of mascara on my counter. Which is a really cute tube of goodness, by the way~

Pink and blue cuteness... I lurv it.

Compared to my Covergirl Lashblast Fusion Brush


Read on for more~

Mascara comparisons:


Let's start with the brush and packaging. I've got to say, the tube is not the slimmest one out there, but it's not the biggest. Oh, and the name isn't too fortunate. I'll just leave it at that.

The brush didn't give me too many problems, though on first attempt, it did get a little mascara caught on my upper lid. That wasn't too snazzy. It is pretty large, and it has short, rubber bristles. They are pretty good with separating the lashes actually. I didn't get an awfully large amout of volume as you can see, but it got me a bit of length instead.

If you don't concentrate this mascara on the base of your lashes (wiggle it around), it can get a bit clumpy and not as tapered as some may like (like moi). The brush was a little weird for me in the way that it didn't completely catch all of my shorter lashes because of the bulk.

Wear time: It leaked (but barely) under my eyes after 6 hours and a volleyball practice, which kind of bummed me out. So the waterproof portion of the product didn't completely work out. If this was considered a long-wear type of product, I would understand, but as a waterproof? Nah. Just more hassle removing it. Which, if you're not gentle enough or don't have a good makeup remover, then you could tug a few lashes out if you're not careful.

All in all, the hype over this product isn't too great, but the mascara itself is an just fine for day-to-day basis use. Just fine. I think it's a great layering mascara, for instance, if you use this at your roots to imitate fuller lashes and eyeliner, but you use a lengthening mascara over it to give longer lashes.

Soo... I hope you're having a wonderful Monday! (:

Haha, I'm such a jokester. Monday and wonderful in the same sentence...


Smiles and butterfly kisses,

P.S. Isn't my new signature just the shiz? Me thinks it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE that you're taking time out of your day to comment here, and I'd really love to connect with you, but please keep them appropriate! To know more about my commenting policy, click on the Policies tab up at the top of the page. Thank you for commenting!

Disqus for Stylish Scribbles