Sunday, February 10, 2013

Nicole by OPI Love Your Life: Review and Swatches


Hello lovely readers,

First of all, happy Chinese/Vietnamese New Year! Gung Hay Fat Choy! Chúc mừng năm mới! Happy year of the Snake to you all! (:

Anyway, another upcoming holiday is Valentine's Day, as you all know. Or as I like to call it, Single Ladies Day. Because I like to celebrate by myself. With some Ben & Jerry's Fish Food ice cream.

It's great. (:

Anyway, since I was removing my nail polish, I felt a little festive for this holiday of love. For myself. But I'm too lazy of a creature to slap a creative design on my nails, so I popped Love Your Life on instead.

Oh how I was rewarded.




OPI's Heart Throb by itself
Heart Throb and Love Your Life

Love Your Life is a light pink tinted clear coat with multicolored glitters and light pink reflective hearts. It doesn't do much to the color underneath, if that was what you were looking for. I bought it for $7.04 at Target, but the price will vary from place to place. The packaging kind of bothered me, it's like it was squished on the way out of the machine. XD

Now. The polish itself. Ehhh, I wanted to like it, I really did, but it came off a little thick, and you barely ever got an even amount of glitter to heart ratio, if you ever even got a heart. Lol. I ended up fishing for some with a toothpick, not that the bottle helped any. But, I managed to slap a couple on each nail, and it looked okay after I slicked on some Seche Vite. 

Oh, and by the way. This stuff takes FOREVER to dry. I'm not kidding you. I put Seche Vite (which is a fast-dry topcoat) on one hand, and none on the other, and I stopped painting my nails around 8 o'clock. By the time I was in bed at 11, my other hand without the SV wasn't dry yet. So, I thought, oh so it's one of these polishes. I can deal with them. Or so I thought. 

The next morning, it was still imprint-able! You know when the nail polish isn't completely dry, and you kind of press on it to see if it is, even when you know it's not dry? Yeah. :3 That's what I do. So now I have a fingerprint on my pinky finger. 

I think this color would look great over a darker color, even a black polish, it would be the cutest contrast. The polish may or may not be for you, but the only thing that drew me over to even thinking it was okay was the cute little heart glitters. I mean, they're just so cute!  (´∀`)♡

I hope you have a good Chinese New Years everybody, and may the rest of the year be full of prosperity, luck, and all of that good stuff.

Your teenage beauty addict,

Mai

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE that you're taking time out of your day to comment here, and I'd really love to connect with you, but please keep them appropriate! To know more about my commenting policy, click on the Policies tab up at the top of the page. Thank you for commenting!

Disqus for Stylish Scribbles