Sunday, May 6, 2012

Tip of the Day: 5/6/12

Hey y'all (I've always wanted to do that), I'm going to start posting Tip of the Days, and they won't be very consistent. These are those extra posts on when I actually have extra time, or when I'm really limited on time and need to squeeze a post out. :)

Today's Tip of the Day will be on mascara, one of my favorite things in the universe. Yes I'm a mascara junkie, and yes I'm so totally proud of it. Not a lot of people know about this trick, and I was looking at Michelle Phan's blog, and I thought, huh, I should post about this too. I'm crediting Michelle for this, but I learned this when I was 11 when I was backstage at my friend's dance recital. You can see Michelle's post on this here.

So you know all of those cards stuffed in your wallet or purse? Those pesky business cards that you recieve from an endless amount of people, those useless wastes of paper. But now, there's a better use for them. Introducing, the buisness card mascara trick! Read it after the jump!




The Business Card Mascara Trick

Materials:
  • A business card/note card
  • Scissors
  • A pencil
  • Mascara (obviously)
How to do it:

  1. Hold the card up to your eye, so it's sitting right above your eyelid
  2. With the pencil, trace the shape of your eye on the edge of the card. It should look like a half moon.
  3. Cut out the little shape, so that it fits in perfectly on top of your eye.
  4. Using the card, lift up your eyelid so that the lashes are sitting against the card.
  5. Apply mascara while keeping the card up.
  6. Do the same to your lower lashes.
This can help with smudging and clumping. A lash brush is always useful, too. If you really just don't want to make one of these, you can get a Lash Guard, which is pretty much the same thing, just pre-cut for you. Lazy people use these.

Thank you for reading, as always. Have a great day, I'll see you next time!

Your rambling beauty addict,
Mai

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE that you're taking time out of your day to comment here, and I'd really love to connect with you, but please keep them appropriate! To know more about my commenting policy, click on the Policies tab up at the top of the page. Thank you for commenting!

Disqus for Stylish Scribbles