Sunday, May 6, 2012

Lip Smackin' Sunday 1: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Coral Reef

Today's Lip Smackin' Sunday is going to be at the beach! A windy, cold, possibly clear skied, Washington beach. I'm razor clamming on this fine Washington day, and it's sweat-inducing. I had to wake up at 5:30 in the A-freaking-M, so makeup was grab, grab, go. Usually, I dress myself down on weekends, and when I go out to razor clam, I don't even try. I seriously look like a sleep-deprived monster that married a rat and had the offspring of me. That's me. ;) Rat's nest hair and all. But today I'll try a little, just for you readers.


So when I was running out the door in my sweats (the horror, I know!), I grabbed my new purchase, Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Coral Reef. I've been looking for a coral lip color, and it's been a long journey. But I decided, hey, let's get this one. It looks pretty and shiny, and I those things usually appeal to me. :)

What Revlon says about it: Silky...Sexy...Brilliant. Glossy formula combines sheer color and intense moisture with light-reflecting spheres to create amazing shine. SPF 15

Oh cool. SPF 15. BONUS!

INGREDIENTES: Octinoxate (7.5%, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate) Inactive Ingredients: Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Diisostearyl Malate, Polyethylene, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Extract (Aloe Barbadensis), Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C) (Vitamin C), Serica (Silk Powder), Fragance, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Benzoic Acid, BHT, 1,2 Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, May Contain (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica, Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Blue 1 (CI 42090) (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470)



 

Close up and different lighting

Me as I just got up (lol, I know it looks like I'm squinting)
Me as I'm heading out the door (the lighting's a bit better)

 Sorry the pictures totally suck you guys, I lost my camera only to find that it was on my bed the entire time. I'd already removed all traces of makeup by the time I found it (when I was preparing for my beauty sleep), and you don't want to see me like that.

My Take: In all, I like this sheer-ish gloss, it's a little frosty, but that won't hurt anyone. There's a little (almost invisible) gold shimmer in the gloss. There's a light coral tint, so it's not too strong. But you can't expect that much from a gloss. It was a tad sticky, but it stayed on for a pretty long time. I liked the packaging, but the black handle irked me because I could see all my fingerprints. The applicator is a basic doe-foot, which I like for frosty and higher pigmented glosses. This gloss was a bit thick, which made me purse my lips at first (AHAHA), but it became easier to manage after it settled in. It didn't suck all moisture out of my lips, which was a plus, but didn't totally hydrate them either. I bought it for approx.$7 (yeah, $6.99, same difference.)

Summary:

Product: 8.5/10
Pigmentation: 8/10
Texture: 7.5/10
Formula: 9/10
Lasting power: 7/10 (It's a lipgloss. Come on.)
Packaging: 8/10
Price: 9/10

Yay, that's it for today. See you in the next edition of the Beauty of the Day (I totally just made that up. XD)!

Your rambling beauty addict,
Mai

Disclamer: This product was bought with my own money, and reviewed with my own complete opinion. Always.I do not get paid to review any products, and I just enjoy blogging. A lot. Dear Lord, I'm not a professional makeup artist, or doctor, so whatever happens with the beauty products to you, it's not my fault! I'm just expressing my own, true opinion. And I can't predict how everything will work for you, only tell you how they worked for moi. EVERY REVIEW IS OF MY OWN AND HONEST OPINION.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE that you're taking time out of your day to comment here, and I'd really love to connect with you, but please keep them appropriate! To know more about my commenting policy, click on the Policies tab up at the top of the page. Thank you for commenting!

Disqus for Stylish Scribbles