Sunday, September 15, 2013

Current Obsession: Oversized Sweaters


Hello my sweet sun rays,

Since summer's slowly dwindling away into cool autumn breezes, it's near time to bust out the sweaters and jackets! Personally, autumn and winter are some of my favorite months. Just the thoughts of  cozy sweaters, fireplaces and hot cocoa... Yum. Though I will dearly miss the long summer nights, one thing I'm truly anticipating is wearing oversized sweaters!


To me, oversized sweaters just make the world go round. It's like wearing a giant, cozy blanket everywhere! I just... Can't. There are no words to describe the joy that I get from oversized sweaters. 


Anyways, oversized sweaters can be hard to style sometimes because of their bulkiness and lack of shape. But using their textures and proportions against other pieces of clothing can create a comfy chic look.







Having a good pair of boots or heels are pretty essential to wearing oversized sweaters to fancy them up a bit, and also a structured bag to give some.. well structure to the outfit. LOL.


The cool thing about oversized sweaters is the fact that you can always get a sweater a size up. A guideline for not getting too sloppy and huge for me are:



  1. The hem is mid-thigh to bum length
  2. The sleeves have a maximum of 1-inch past my fingertips
  3. The neckline can't be too droopy (looks sloppy)

So what are you waiting for? Go out and grab an oversized sweater for fall. Don't forget to rock it!













Picture creds (left to right): (x) (x) (x) (x)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE that you're taking time out of your day to comment here, and I'd really love to connect with you, but please keep them appropriate! To know more about my commenting policy, click on the Policies tab up at the top of the page. Thank you for commenting!

Disqus for Stylish Scribbles