Monday, July 9, 2012

Mascara Monday: Maybelline Volum' Express Falsies Review (plus pictures)

Hi, I know I've kind of been neglecting you. I've been recovering from all the Fourth of July madness and have 3 reviews set up for you guys. I'll get right to the review here...

So, today I'm going to be talking about another one of the Volum' Express series mascaras from Maybelline. Would it really hurt to add that last "e" to Volum'? Goodness.

Anyway, look at the pretty pictures, I'll have more to say in a bit:


Before (natural)
__________________________________________________________________________________
Two coats of mascara
__________________________________________________________________________________
Three coats of mascara

So, this is a mascara I would only use on an occasion, just because it didn't surpass throughout the whole day. It stayed on for about 2 hours in 68 degree temperatures, so I think it's pretty weak. I bought this at Target for $7.79. I think it amped up my lashes big time, and even increased the curl of my lashes even more. Read: short Asian lashes. The brush was very unique and flexible, but it saw that it tended to hit my skin more often than not because the brush was so bendy. The shape didn't really change anything for me. It started to clump up after the 2nd coat, and I don't like clumping whatsoever, but a lash comb can fix that. All in all, I think this was an okay mascara. It doesn't live up to the false eyelashes claim, but I think it performed okay. Oh, and it was very water-soluble, so it removed with facial cleanser/soap and water very easily.

Product: 6/10
Formula: 8/10
Price: 9/10
Lasting power: 3/10
Packaging (wand): 8/10 (for the uniqueness)

Thanks for listening, tune in soon for more! I love you all, and I apprieciate that you took time to read this!

Your rambling beauty addict,

Mai


Disclamer: This product was bought with my own money, and reviewed with my own complete opinion. Always.I do not get paid to review any products, and I just enjoy blogging. A lot. Dear Lord, I'm not a professional makeup artist, or doctor, so whatever happens with the beauty products to you, it's not my fault! I'm just expressing my own, true opinion. And I can't predict how everything will work for you, only tell you how they worked for moi. EVERY REVIEW IS OF MY OWN AND HONEST OPINION. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE that you're taking time out of your day to comment here, and I'd really love to connect with you, but please keep them appropriate! To know more about my commenting policy, click on the Policies tab up at the top of the page. Thank you for commenting!

Disqus for Stylish Scribbles